Make Mathematica wait for File

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43800] Make Mathematica wait for File
  • From: YAT <yat at omrf.ouhsc.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 02:07:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,
1. How do I make Mathemtica wait from reading a file until the file
reaches a certain size?

2. How do I make Mathematica just go in and read a file, look for an
occurance of some text, then store that as my Mathematica variable,
rather than having to store the file as a Mathematica list, look for a
match then grab the value.

W.R.T question 2, I guess I am a little confused about connections from
Mathematica to text files in general and the proper use of InputStreams
, ReadList, etc.

Thanks
Yas