plotting streamlines from vector data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43918] plotting streamlines from vector data
  • From: abhi_cdin at yahoo.co.in (Abhijit)
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:33:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
 I haven't yet used mathematica. But i am interested in knowing the
following ---
 I have a data file, in where i have columns for for x & y
co-ordinates and columns for velocities u and v. can i plot
streamlines using this data file ,in mathematica.
 if yes, please guide me to how to do it.
 thanx,
abhijit