Re: What Happens to Garbage in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43936] Re: What Happens to Garbage in Mathematica?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 01:07:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Share[expr] changes the way expr is stored internally, to try and
minimize \
the amount of memory used. Share[ ] tries to minimize the memory used to
\
store all expressions.

As long as no variable (like In[]/Out[]) point to the data the memory
is returned to the free memory and overwritten.

Regards
  Jens