Re: Problem with 4.2 on Slackware 9.1
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44009] Re: [mg43959] Problem with 4.2 on Slackware 9.1
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 05:14:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Marek [ISO-8859-2] Mi¶kiewicz wrote: > I would like to ask if somebody have a problem with Mathematica 4.2 under > Slackware Linux Distribution ver 9.1? What I get when running Mathematica i > sementation fault. > Second question is: does the version 5.0 work with graphical interface under > any Linux system ? Have you tried installing and running the dynamically linked version of Mathematica? http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/linux/intel/dynamic.html Also, you may also want to try setting the LANG environment variable to "C" for the front end. This can be done by adding the following lines to your Mathematica front end launch script: LANG=C export LANG -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.