Re: Slope fields

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44082] Re: Slope fields
  • From: "Bo Le" <bole79 at email.si>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:24:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

A possible solution is the PlotVectorField command in Graphics`PlotField`
package:

<<Graphics`PlotField`;

PlotVectorField[{1,2 x},{x,-2,2},{y,0,5},
  AspectRatio\[Rule].75,
  Axes\[Rule]True]

Did you have anything like this in mind?

B Le

"Steven Jonak" <jonakst at gw.kirkwood.k12.mo.us> wrote in message
news:blcqsf$p8q$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> I'm a relative newbie to Mathematica and am interested in generating slope
fields.  Is there a way for me to see the slope field for a differential
equation such as dy/dx=2x or similar first-order seperable differential
equations?