Re: Run[] and Mathlink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44080] Re: Run[] and Mathlink
  • From: "Christos Argyropoulos M.D." <argchris at otenet.gr>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:24:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
There is a way to compile C++/Fortran programs under Windows so the pop-up
window does not show up.
Use the Open Watcom Compiler v1.1, and select Window Executable Mode when
building the project (and do not call Windows API functions ...)
I have used the trick to compile NetLib (mainly fortran) software and call
them transparently both from the Windows CommandLine
and by "double-clicking". I/O should be ok (at least files are written to
and read from the hard disk).
Caveat: have not tested it with MathLink (I am using MathCode for C++ code
generation from and to mathematica, which does not support Watcom at least
w/o
user-fiddling).
Open Watcome full graphical IDE available (for free, donate if you find it
useful) at http://www.openwatcom.org/.
Btw it is the only free system (besides the Cygwin tools) that combines both
C++/Fortran compilers, linkers, debuggers for Windows Platforms.

Christos Argyropoulos
Athens Greece