Re pdf-export

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44131] Re pdf-export
  • From: Rolf Mertig <rolf at mertig.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:16:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>Nobody of you does use pdf-export ????

Sure, but not on Windows.

On Linux, if you have ghostscript with ps2pdf installed you can very easily
print a full notebook to a ps file (either interactively or with UseFrontEnd)
including all needed fonts. Then you use Run[ps2pdf ... ] to generated to
generated the PDF file.

I have successfully used this method to produce thousands of bills (for a
commercial billing project) in PDF format.

As an exercise I also generated PDF with webMathematica in this way.

It can be somewhat time consuming to adjust all the Notebook options
such that the result looks good, but it is possible.

--
You can also try to use pstill (www.pstill.com).
I have not tried it, but it should work.

Rolf Mertig

Mertig Consulting
http://www.mertig.com