Re: NIntegrate and Delayed Functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44136] Re: NIntegrate and Delayed Functions
  • From: "Carl K. Woll" <carlw at u.washington.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 04:24:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mukhtar,

As Paul Abbott said in a recent post, use the fundamental theorem of
calculus: For arbitrary function f[x,y], we have

D[Integrate[f[x,t],{t,0,z[x]}],x] ==
      Integrate[Derivative[1, 0][f][x, t], {t, 0, z[x]}] + f[x, z[x]] z'[x]

So, we can define your G[x] as

G[x_]:=NIntegrate[Derivative[1, 0][f][x, t], {t, 0, z[x]}] + f[x, z[x]]
z'[x]

Carl Woll

news:bn8eov$nkm$1 at smc.vnet.net...