RE: FileBrowse command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43494] RE: [mg43435] FileBrowse command
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:38:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Harvey,

What you expect is the way it should work. That is, you should be able to
select an existing file. That is the way it does work on my Windows98 system
with Version 5. So there must be some glitch with Version 5 and Mac OS 10.2,
which WRI will probably fix or tell you how to get around.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Harvey M. [mailto:moseley at stars.gsfc.nasa.gov]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

I have tried to use the FileBrowse command in Mathematica 5 on Mac OS
10.2.  I am presented with a browser dialog with a blank file name
entry box. If I enter a name in the dialog, the evaluation returns a
full path name for this new file name.  What I really wanted, and what
I expected from the documentation, was to be able to select a file in
the browser,and have it return the full path name of the selected
file.  Unfortunately, all file name are grayed out, and not available
for selection.  Any ideas or experience with this?

Harvey Moseley