Convert all graphics to reduce file size?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg43495] Convert all graphics to reduce file size?
- From: Jim Jennings <no at spam.invalid>
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:38:58 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The University of Texas at Austin
- Reply-to: no at spam.invalid
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a notebook that creates a large amount of graphics cells and when saved the notebook can be very big. However, I don't need to keep the postscript for each graphics cell when the notebook is saved; bitmaps will be fine. I know how to use the Cell->Convert To->Bitmap menu command to convert selected graphics cells to Bitmap form. This greatly reduces the size of the selected cells, but it is a pain to manually select each group of graphics cells, one at a time, for conversion. If I select all cells and convert, then *everything*, including things like Standard Form cells, will get converted to Bitmap form. This is not what I want. Is there a way to automatically convert *all* graphics cells, but *only* graphics cells, before saving a notebook? I am running Mathematica version 4 on Mac OS X. I hope to upgrade to version 5 soon, but I will be stuck in version 4 for a while... Thanks! -- Jim Jennings, Bureau of Economic Geology, The University of Texas at Austin reply to jim dot jennings at beg dot utexas dot edu