Re: M5.0 keyboard shortcuts with linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43536] Re: [mg43228] M5.0 keyboard shortcuts with linux
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 03:42:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There's a file that controls the key codes:

SystemFiles/FrontEnd/TextResources/(platform)/KeyEventTranslations.tr

Be careful if you edit it. If there's a syntax error the front end may
crash during startup.

At 09:25 PM 8/20/2003, Olaf Rogalsky wrote:
>Hello,
>
>aarg, with Mathematica 5 Wolfram has changed from emacs keyboard
>shortcuts to winsucks shortcuts. Unfortunately, the emacs keysequences are
>hardwired to my brain, and there is no easy way to rewire them. Is there
>a way to bind ones own shortcuts to basic editing functions (like
>C-a startofline,  C-e endofline, C-k killtoendofline, C-w kill, C-y yank
>....), for example with appropriate X resources. I don't want the whole
>emacs functionality, only basic features, pleeeeease :-).
>

>Olaf
>

>--
>I Dr. Olaf Rogalsky                         Institut f. Theo. Physik I I
>I Tel.: 09131 8528440                       Univ. Erlangen-Nuernberg   I
>I Fax.: 09131 8528444                       Staudtstrasse 7 B3         I
>I rogalsky at theorie1.physik.uni-erlangen.de  D-91058 Erlangen           I

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com