Re: Annotating Mathematica-generated postscript graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43555] Re: Annotating Mathematica-generated postscript graphics
  • From: Andreas Stahel <sha at hta-bi.bfh.ch>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 06:39:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

kc144 at woh.rr.com (Kevin Gross) writes:

Hello
concerning the question
> I'm looking for suggestions on how to annotate Mathematica-generated
> postscript graphics with arrows, text, etc.  I'm rather picky, so
> suggestions which consider the following restrictions would be most
> helpful:
What I do on my Linux box is:
- export the Mathematica graphics as eps
- run pstoedit to convert to xfig format
- use xfig to add on arrows text circles boxes, ...
- export in whatever format i need (usually eps)

some of the programms may be available on other OS too.

works like a charm

Hope this helps
Andreas Stahel       E-Mail: Andreas.Stahel at hta-bi.bfh.ch
Mathematics, HTI     Phone: ++41 +32 32 16 258
Quellgasse 21        Fax:   ++41 +32 321 500
CH-2501 Biel         WWW:   www.hta-bi.bfh.ch/~sha
Switzerland