global Minimum

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43705] global Minimum
  • From: gary.larson at gmx.at (josef hader)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:43:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
I'm trying to find the minimum of a compiled function which I get with
NDSolve (this function is defined in an intervall [0,t1], t1 not known
apriori). In the case there is no local extremum for this function I
would like to take the function value at the boundary t1. How can I
implement this? Are there any possibilities to get the intervall from
a compiled function, where this function is defined?

many thanks in advance!
josef hader