Re: NET/Link graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47465] Re: [mg47450] NET/Link graphics
  • From: Todd Gayley <tgayley at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 06:26:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 02:45 AM 4/12/2004, Brown, Matt wrote:
>When I use the MathPictureBox from within Mathematica it works just fine.
>But when I try to use it from a dotNET program, and set the MathCommand
>string I always get a System.Format error, saying that the string is the
>wrong format. MathPictureBox uses the EvaluateToGraphics method. When I
>try to use this in my code I get the same error, even when I paste the API
>example directly into my code.
>
>ie:
>ml.EvaluateToImage("Plot[x,{x,0,1}]", 400, 400);
>
>this is driving me nuts. Any ideas?

Matt,

I don't have any problem using these functions. The only thing I can
imagine is that the communication between the kernel and front end to
perform the rendering is not working correctly. Try setting the
MathPictureBox UseFrontEnd property to false and see if that fixes it. We
can work from there. Feel free to reply to me directly.

Todd Gayley
Wolfram Research