How to check if a file exists?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47514] How to check if a file exists?
  • From: Thomas Guignard <thomas.guignard at epfl.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 03:39:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi

I have little experience in Mathematica and I have trouble getting used
to the Mathematica way of thinking.

I'm looking for a way to check if a given file exists. If it exists, I
load its contents, if not I have to start a block of calculations.

I just can't find the function to check the existence of a file!

Thanks
Tom

--
Thomas Guignard
Laboratory of Electromagnetics and Acoustics