Kernel crash?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47632] Kernel crash?
  • From: "J. McKenzie Alexander" <jalex at lse.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 04:33:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Starting with a pure kernel, the following sequence of commands crashes
the kernel on two different machines (an OS X box and an XP box):

	<<DiscreteMath`Combinatorica`
	MakeDirected[GridGraph[100,100],All];

yet, (also starting with a pure kernel) the following does not:

	<<DiscreteMath`Combinatorica`
	MakeDirected[GridGraph[100,100]];

Can others reproduce this?  And, if so, does anyone have an idea what
might be causing it?

Cheers,

Jason
--
Dr J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method