Re: Distinguishable From 1.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47755] Re: Distinguishable From 1.0
  • From: Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 05:13:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dan:

I value your insight.  Could you please elaborate on how we get from

"... except that it considers Real numbers equal if their difference
is less than the uncertainty of either of them."

to ...

"A pair of machine numbers that differ only in the last bit are thus
regarded as identical by SameQ."

Thanks.
Harold