Screen size and window margins

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47853] Screen size and window margins
  • From: barrena at ya.com (Manuel Barrena)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:04:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am trying to write a Mathematica application composed by a number of
notebooks in order to be used by students. I would like to make the
main notebook to occupied the whole screen (by hiding also the
Mathematica Toolbar), but I cannot figure out how to make it.
I am using a 1024x768 screen resolution, so I assume I can set
ScreenRectangle->{{0, 1024}, {0, 768}} in my init.m (or I can change
the ScreenRectangle option in the Global Option Inspector, under
System Configuration). However, as soon as I close and restart
Mathematica, this value is automatically changed to {{0, 1024}, {0,
695}}. Can anybody give me an explanation of this behaviour?

Because I did not success, I also tried to modified the WindowMargins
option for the main notebook by entering negative numbers, but when I
reloaded the notebook, Mathematica complained about it.

Any additional ideas about how to present to the students this kind of
application would be appreciated. I just want to fix their attention
on the content of the notebook they must use and to avoid they can
lose their time by using the FrontEnd to do additional tasks
(notebooks include bottons to close them, to exit the FrontEnd, and so
on)

Thank you in advance.

Manuel Barrena