WHY: cannot launch MathLink via C++?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49813] WHY: cannot launch MathLink via C++?
  • From: BV <dont at bug.me>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 01:10:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am trying to launch MathLink via C++ but I am having problems since
none of the examples bundled with Mathematica seem to work. Right after
the "browse for file" dialog opens and I select the MathKernel .exe file
program just exits. No error messages come up and I didn't get any
example to work.

I have tested client side in C# already (.NET/Link) and it works
perfectly (client -> Mathematica). The problem is, my main program is in
C++ already and I don't have time to convert to C#.

Does anyone have any suggestions why my MathLink interface doesn't work?

OS: WinXP
Mathematica 5