NonlinearFit

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49846] NonlinearFit
  • From: Andrew_Pollock at rcomext.com
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:46:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having with
NonlinearFit.

I'm trying to fit an exponential function to a set of data using the
following command:

<< Statistics`NonlinearFit`
NonlinearFit[Data,theta1 Exp[theta2 x],x,{theta1,theta2}]

Data is the following table, where the right column is 3*Exp[.2*x]

[contact the author to get the file - moderator]

NonlinearFit returns (Embedded image moved to file: pic03027.pcx), which is
clearly not 3*Exp[.2*x].

I only have this problem when trying to fit exponential functions.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy