Asymmetric quadratic coefficient problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49864] Asymmetric quadratic coefficient problem
  • From: "Xiao Huang" <xiaohda at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:46:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear All,

Does any one know how to deal with asymmetric quadratic coefficient in
QuadraticFormDistribution[ {A,b,c}, {mu, sigma}] for z'Az+b'z+c?
Mathematica assumes A is a symmetric matrix, but I now have an asymmetric
and singular matrix A.

Also, I'd really appreciate if any expert here can give me some
clue/reference about the following problem: how can I calculate different
quantiles of a mixture distribution? One way is to do the simulation, but is
it possible to use the function Quantile[.] in Mathematica? if yes, how?

Thank you!

Xiao

Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to ?Dig Yourself Out of Debt? from MSN
Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx