Re: How to creat this 8×8 images

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49925] Re: How to creat this 8×8 images
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 03:09:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This does what you want:

Load the continuous statistical distributions package (have a look in the
Help Browser for documentation):

<<Statistics`ContinuousDistributions`

Set up a Laplace PDF:

mu=0;
beta=1;
pdf=LaplaceDistribution[mu,beta];

Generate an image with independent Laplace distributed pixel values:

image=RandomArray[pdf,{8,8}];

Have a look at the image:

ListDensityPlot[image];

Steve Luttrell