Re: x-ArcSin[Sin[x]]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50064] Re: x-ArcSin[Sin[x]]
  • From: Paul Muller <paul.muller-at-epfl.ch at sicinfo2.epfl.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 05:56:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thanks for your answer. Just to make clear: no book stated that ArcSin[Sin[x]]=x. The
books give the magnetic field in the center of the spire, and that's where my integral
gives a wrong value. Now this is probably due to my too wide interpretation of the
ArcSin at the place it gets into the calculation, messing up the final result.

Unfortunately, at some point in my calculation, I have sin(theta)= something and I need
to extract theta from this. It seemed obvious to me to use ArcSin, but according to the
whole discussion, this is what I'm not supposed to assume...

Thanks again

Paul