Re: Another Combinatorica loading problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50117] Re: [mg50085] Another Combinatorica loading problem
  • From: DrBob <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 03:15:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Typically, this happens because you've already established a global variable called NthPermutation, by evaluating a cell that mentions it, BEFORE loading the package. Make sure you haven't done that. (Get out of Mathematica, get back in, load the package, then try to compute.)

Do you get an error message when you load the package?

My version of the file contains the following message:

NthPermutation::usage = "NthPermutation[n, l] gives the nth lexicographic permutation of list l. This function is obsolete; use UnrankPermutation instead."

Therefore, try UnrankPermutation.

If that doesn't work either, something is really wrong. Open the Combinatorica.m file and SEE if NthPermutation or UnrankPermutation are in it.

Bobby

DrBob at bigfoot.com
www.eclecticdreams.net