Re: Another Combinatorica loading problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50137] Re: Another Combinatorica loading problem
  • From: "Dr. Wolfgang Hintze" <weh at snafu.de>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 05:01:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Steve,

Using Mathematica 4.0 I put NewCombinatorica.m in the same path as you
did, viz.

D:\ProgramFiles\WolframResearch\Mathematica\5.0\AddOns\StandardPackages\DiscreteMath

and let Combinatorica.m (old) there as was.

Then, interestingly, I noticed different behaviour of Needs[] and Get[].

First trying

In[1]:=
Needs["DiscreteMath`NewCombinatorica`"];

produced the error messages

 From In[1]:=
Needs::"nocont" : "Context \!\(\"DiscreteMath`NewCombinatorica`\"\) was
not \
created when Needs was evaluated."

but nevertheless worked correctly.

Quitting the local kernel (or restarting Mathematica) and doing

In[2]:=
<< "DiscreteMath`NewCombinatorica`"

worked from the start without any error message.

BTW: I took ?RandomGraph as an indication of the package version.

Wolfgang