Hypergeometric function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50188] Hypergeometric function
  • From: jujio77 at yahoo.com (Scott)
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 06:28:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a finite alternating series of hypergeometric (2F1) functions.
These functions have complex parameters.  When I sum the series I get
larger and larger values.  My question is this,  does anyone know how
precise Mathematica is when calculating a hypergeometric fn
numerically ie, how many sig figs are correct?

I have done various transformations on the hypergeometric fn and then
summed the series.  Each time I arrive at the same result.

Thanks for any replies,
Scott