Re: Technical Publishing Made Easy with New Wolfram Publicon Software

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50296] Re: Technical Publishing Made Easy with New Wolfram Publicon Software
  • From: wes <wesh at acm.org>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 03:36:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <cgci6u$enb$1 at smc.vnet.net>, gah at math.umd.edu says...
> Does anyone know if Publicon comes with serious documentation or a
> tutorial for technical wordprocessing? Something along the line of the
> many TeX tutorials.
>
> On Aug 19, 2004, at 6:28 AM, Wolfram Research wrote:
>
> > Technical Publishing Made Easy with New Wolfram Publicon
> > Software

> Garry Helzer
> gah at math.umd.edu

It comes with a bird's eye tutorial but the help is extensive if
somewhat irritating at times. I've been using it for about a week now
and I quite like it. It helps if you're already familar with
Mathematica. There is a large commonality in keystrokes and approach to
document generation.

I have been using Scientific Word but I expect Publicon will become my
principal technical editor because of its extensive overlap with
Mathematica.

Wes H