Installing 5.1 without 5.0?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg52631] Installing 5.1 without 5.0?
- From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 02:08:08 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I purchased 5.0 when it first came out, intending to install it on a new Mac OS X laptop. Acquisition of the OS X laptop got delayed. Now that I finally have the (new, virgin) OS X machine in hand, a 5.1 CD has arrived. Is there any reason I need to do the 5.0 installation before moving on to 5.1? I suspect there isn't, since the 5.1 shipment appears to be a complete installer package, but I just want to check.