slow eigenvectors and eigenvalues

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52930] slow eigenvectors and eigenvalues
  • From: janus at sci.pam.szczecin.pl (Janusz)
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 05:18:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

I need eigenvectors and eigenvalues of Toeplitz matrix 1000 by 1000 or
greater. These are values of autocorrelation of processed signal. My
Version 5. does it for a long time. After a few hours I aborted
calculations. What should I do to make it faster?

Thanks in Advance
Regards

Janusz Kowalski
Szczecin, Poland