RE: Simple Differentiation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46023] RE: [mg46014] Simple Differentiation?
  • From: "sabrina casagrande" <sabrinacasagrande at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 03:20:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm not very confident with Math ematica. I'm learning now for College purpose...
Anyway, I think it's a little bug in your code. Let's explain... When you define
f[x_]+g[x_]^:=1, you are saying to mathematica that when it find f[x_]+g[x_], it must
replace it with 1. so the derivatives of a costant is zero.
I think so. If I'm wrong, let me know.
ciao
sabbri