Re: Graphics into MS Word

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46056] Re: Graphics into MS Word
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:19:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 2/3/04 at 3:21 AM, steve1 at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk (Steve
Luttrell) wrote:

>Good point about embedding fonts. However, I am in the habit of
>sending a PDF version of my Word file to anyone who wants
>electronic copy. To get the fonts embedded correctly I do it in two
>steps (1) MS Word -> PS file (i.e. print to file using Postscript
>driver) (2) PS file -> PDF file (using Adobe Distiller). I never
>found a way of printing directly from MS Word to PDF that dealt
>with fonts correctly. Do you have a way of doing this?

Yes, I have a way to go directly from Word to PDF. But, it won't be useful for many people. Mac OS X allows the print output from any application to be saved as a PDF file. In fact, I often use this to share results of an analysis I've done in Mathematica with colleagues who don't use or have Mathematica. I've not seen problems with fonts using this approach. On ocassion I have seen differences in the way the resulting PDF file displays using Apple's built in Preview application and Acrobat Reader on a PC.