How to printout more digits?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46152] How to printout more digits?
  • From: "Toshiyuki \(Toshi\) Meshii" <meshii at mech.fukui-u.ac.jp>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:36:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I want to print out (or write to a file) outputs with more than 9 digits.
For example, I know that

Print[ N[Pi, 9] ]
returns
3.14159265
,which is OK.

But,
Print[ N[6. * Pi, 9] ]
returns
18.8496
which is only 6 digits and not what I expected.

Does anybody know how to print out outputs with more than 9 digits?

In addition, I want to write the outputs in a file, such as csv files.
If you know ideas for this, please let me know too.

-Toshi