Re: Mathematical Statistics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46227] Re: Mathematical Statistics
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:15:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <c07upk$o5a$1 at smc.vnet.net>, junk4 at microserf.org.uk (C Rose)
wrote:

> Thanks for your post, but I want to be able to symbolically compute
> things like conditional distributions, conditional expectations,
> marginal distributions etc. Maybe the docs imply this, but I wasn't
> sure.

This is very amusing: the poster of this message is C(hris) Rose and one
of the authors of mathStatica is C(olin) Rose.

Anyway, Colin Rose <colin at tri.org.au> can answer your questions.

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul Abbott                                   Phone: +61 8 9380 2734
School of Physics, M013                         Fax: +61 8 9380 1014
Crawley WA 6009                      mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au
AUSTRALIA                            http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul