StruveH runtime error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45667] StruveH runtime error
  • From: "Toshiyuki \(Toshi\) Meshii" <meshii at mech.fukui-u.ac.jp>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 02:34:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I am having troubles in evaluating StruveH functions.

StruveH[1,10^4]=0.643716
took 278356 sec on P4, 2.8GHz (HDD 120GB, 1024MB PC3200 RAM) Win XP SP1
machine with Mathematica v.5.0.
It took really long time. But the value could be evaluated.

However,
StruveH[1,10^5]
could not be evaluated, because the session was terminated with a Windows
error message

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!
Program......\Mathkernel.exe
abnormal program termination.

Can someone help me on calculating StruveH functions for large values by
Mathematica?

Thank you in advance.

-Toshi