Fourier analysis with additional coefficient for the R-matirx

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48489] Fourier analysis with additional coefficient for the R-matirx
  • From: "Mars" <MarsJO at pentech.ac.za>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 04:21:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have simplified the R-matrix theory for calculating cross sections.
In the equation y, Ci (i=0..2) and u are functions of x and can all be
calculated.
The equation is

y(x)=C0(x)+Sum(Bl*C1(x)Pl)+Sum(Tl*C2(x)Pl*cos(u(x)))+Sum(Rl(-C2(x)Pl*sin(u(x)))

The summation is from l=0..infinity and Pl is the (cosine of the)
Legendre polynomial.
This is a Fourier series analysis, with the exclusion of the second
term, and can easily be solved
for Tl and Rl with mathematica.
However, I would like to know how one can solve all three Bl, Tl and
Rl.
Regards
Johan Mars
Cape Peninsula University of Technology.