array of cells with Gaussian noise

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48602] array of cells with Gaussian noise
  • From: "Sterritt, Lanny" <lanny.sterritt at lmco.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 05:33:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I need to construct a 2 dimensional grid/array of cells/pixels (n x n), viewed obliquely; so it's really a 3D plot.  The value/amplitude/height  of each cell must be a random number; that is, the heights of the cells should have a normal/Gaussian distribution with a sigma value that I input.  One of the cells should have a constant value added to the random variable.

The "plot" also needs to be animated,  so that the values/heights of the cells will be time varying with a normal distribution, and the cell with the constant value added will move across the grid/array.

How do I do it?

Thanks for any help.

Lanny.sterritt at lmco.com