Re: Random Matrix of Integers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48609] Re: [mg48544] Random Matrix of Integers
  • From: DrBob <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 05:33:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

It is the simplest solution, I think--if you really want to use RandomArray. For most distributions, it probably isn't worthwhile, but it is for the continuous uniform distribution, because Random[] has problems with randomness. RandomArray does better, I think, according to a post I recall from a few weeks ago.

Normal variates are generated in pairs, too, and Random[dist] throws one of them of them away, if dist is normal.

Bobby