ListContourPlot and missing data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48644] ListContourPlot and missing data
  • From: Gareth Owen <usenet at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 04:17:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I've a rectangular array containing numerical data as some entries, and
Null in other entries (which represent
the boundaries and solid regions of an irregularly shaped fluid flow domain.

For a rectangular domain (with no Nulls)
I plot my scalar field data (temperature), with

  ListContourPlot[matrix,PlotRange->{Min[matrix],Max[matrix]},
          Contours->20, ColorFunction->(RGBColor[1-#,0,#] &)]

which shades the warm areas red, and the cold areas blue. Is there some way I
can plot the irregular data, with the Null elements coloured black.

Obviously, the Nulls could easily be replaced by anything else.