Binomial Distribution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48866] Binomial Distribution
  • From: "Jim Dars" <jim-dars at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:39:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have the Mathematica Package 4.0 but use it rarely.  I wish to make some
calculations using the Binomial Distribution.  I realize the command is
Binomial[number of trials, probability].  I'm unclear as how to attach the
proper package.  From using the Master Index it seems to indicate the
command as

'DiscreteDistributions'

but that doesn't seem to work.  Will someone please help this novice?

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes, Jim