Re: Binomial Distribution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48875] Re: Binomial Distribution
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 03:49:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 6/20/04 at 2:39 AM, jim-dars at comcast.net (Jim Dars) wrote:

>I have the Mathematica Package 4.0 but use it rarely.  I wish to
>make some calculations using the Binomial Distribution.  I realize
>the command is Binomial[number of trials, probability].  I'm
>unclear as how to attach the proper package.  From using the Master
>Index it seems to indicate the command as

>'DiscreteDistributions'

>but that doesn't seem to work.  Will someone please help this
>novice?

Assuming you have a standard installation, you need to use one of the following to load the DiscreteDistributions package

<<Statistics`DiscreteDistributions`
Get@"Statistics`DiscreteDistributions`"
Needs@"Statistics`DiscreteDistributions`"

The first two are equivalent and work the same. The last differs in that it first checks to see if the package is already loaded and loads it only if it is not already loaded.