XML Importing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48892] XML Importing
  • From: "Doug" <umdougmm at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 05:31:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello everyone

I had a quick question with regards to the XMLStock.nb available on the
mathematica web page.  When I run the following line:
xmlquotes =
XML`Parser`XMLGet[
"http://www.xmltoday.com/examples/stockquote/getxmlquote.vep?s=ba+lmt+\
ibm+int+amd+mmm"] ;

I get the following Error:
XML`Parser`XMLGet::prserr: Invalid document structure at Line: 1 Character:
1 \
in
http://www.xmltoday.com/examples/stockquote/getxmlquote.vep?s=ba+lmt+ibm+\
int+amd+mmm

I have no idea what this exactly mean, nor how to go about to debug it.  Is
it that the imported document is not of the correct structure, or is it not
returning anything at all.  When I plug the http line into the web browser
with simply one quote I get a result (looks like xml).  Methamatica help is
less than helpful, as it provides completely no description of the error
when I ask for MORE.  Thus, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Doug