Re: Re: Overlay graphs

Another way to do this is to assign plots to variables and then use Show.
This is a convient way to build up complex graphs with multiple plots as
well as
position labels, shapes, and etc. (e.g. Graphics Primitives) based on
plot coordinates

sinplot = Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, Pi/4}, DisplayFunction -> Identity];
cosplot = Plot[Cos[x], {x, Pi/4, Pi/2}, DisplayFunction -> Identity];

plabels =
  Graphics[{Text["1st Plot", Scaled[{-0.02, 0.02}, {Pi/8, 0.2}]],
      Text["2nd Plot", Scaled[{-0.02, 0.02}, {3Pi/8, 0.5}]]}]

Show[ {sinplot, cosplot, plabels}, DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction];

Take care,
Bob Walker