using updated Intel Math Kernel Library

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49048] using updated Intel Math Kernel Library
  • From: Urijah Kaplan <uak at sas.upenn.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 04:50:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Intel just released a new version of their Math Kernel Libraries (7.0), of
which several .dll's are used in Mathematica. (mkl_p4.dll, mkl_p3.dll,
mkl_lapack64.dll, mkl_lapack32.dll, mkl_def.dll, libguide40.dll)

Is their any reason why I can't replace the installed versions with these
new ones?

(On a side note, I'm thinking of replacing the GMP dll with a newer one
also. Does anyone know the proper flags/setting to use in GCC? Or perhaps
send me an appropriate version for a Dual Athlon MP 1700?)

Thanks muchly,

--Urijah Kaplan