MATHEMATICA AND FINANCIAL CALCULATIONS?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49085] MATHEMATICA AND FINANCIAL CALCULATIONS?
  • From: barb28 at rock.com (barb28)
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 05:34:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I am under the impression that mathematica is the
standard for all types of engineering and other
scienetific calculations.

My question is, is mathematica also the standard
for financial calculations, for instance for
real estate? or is it primarily for the scientific
world.

I am asking, because I am trying to find the high
quality standard for financial calucations, and of course,
mathematica would do these types of calculations, but
was wondering if for plain old run of the mill
financial calculations, if a spreadsheet like excel
was the way to go.

Please forgive my grammar and syntax if it is not
coming through ok. Any responses would be most
appreciated, and please post here in the public
forum. Thankyou.