Printing digits of Pi

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46705] Printing digits of Pi
  • From: cmduncan at mines.edu
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 00:14:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!  I am having an issue with printing the digits of Pi that mathematica
calculates.  I can get a screen print of the digits to about 20 million but
interested in ~32 million digits. Using the N command, I can get Mathematica
to determine the ~32 million digits but not print them to the screen.  I get a
message "Out of Memory".  Running at 4GB of physical memory should be
sufficient?  Right?  Is there a way for Mathematica to create an output file
to print the digits for a given amount (i.e. 10 million versus 100 million)?
Is there a way to allow Mathematica to utilitize more physical memory than
defaulted?  Thanks for the help

Chris Duncan
cmduncan at mines.edu