ParametricPlot2D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46790] ParametricPlot2D
  • From: mathma18 at hotmail.com (Narasimham G.L.)
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 04:10:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Is it possible to plot like :)  ParametricPlot2D {x,y}=f(u,v), where
u,v are two parameters? At present, I am plotting by setting z=0 in a
3D plot e.g.,
ParametricPlot3D[{u-v^2,u v,0},{u,-1,1},{v,-1,1},ViewPoint->{0,0,4}] ;
But it adds colour to the domain that would have become a surface in
3D had z been non-zero. Actually I like to see clean plots, no matter
if there are self-intersections.What is the simplest plot command
recommended in such cases?