RE: simple bug about Sum/Product function?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46819] RE: simple bug about Sum/Product function?
  • From: Jon Harrop <jdh30 at cam.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 04:31:07 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

MATUDA Yuko wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to follow up my previous mail because anyone
> seems not to  have an interest in this kind of Mathematica bug.

My copy of Mathematica 4.1 for Linux seems to get all of the answers
correct. (I didn't actually print out 1,000,001 "1"s ;)

I knew that Mathematica 5.x had lots of bugs a few months ago (in Fourier[],
in particular) which I why I hadn't bothered to pay for the upgrade. But if
these bugs are still around then something seems to be seriously wrong...

Cheers,
Jon.