Accounting of downloads

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46802] Accounting of downloads
  • From: "Clifford J. Nelson" <cnelson9 at adelphia.net>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 04:30:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Someone sent an email to me that said people who have never heard of
Mathematica are afraid of MathReader because they think it might have
viruses or something, so, if they aren't afraid of looking at web sites
they can look at:

http://users.adelphia.net/~cnelson9/

It turns out that if you save a Mathematica notebook as html with the
sections closed, it chops it up into bite sized pieces with links to the
sections.

  Cliff Nelson

I wrote:

The second volume of Buckminster Fuller's books Synergetics was
published in 1979, twenty five years ago. All of humanity had to learn
things like the synergetics coordinate system to do more with less soon
or it would be curtains for humanity according to Bucky, but look at
these low numbers of downloads. And life still goes on.

Even Bucky Fuller fans are just not interested.

  Cliff Nelson

Begin forwarded message:

Dear Clifford Nelson,

At the moment, I only have access to the top 150 downloads. You have two
notebooks in the top 150.  (I only have one, myself).

--Ed Pegg Jr.

Clifford Nelson wrote:

Could you give me an accounting of the number of downloads of my
notebooks from MathSource please?

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/search/?search_results=1;search_per
son_id=607

? Buckminster Fuller Notebooks   [in /MathSource: Packages and Programs/]
http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/600/

#129 in all time downloads.  In the past year, notebook downloaded 1118
times

? Bucky Number Mandelbrot   [in /MathSource: Packages and Programs/]
http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/428/

#86 in all time downloads.  In the past year, notebook downloaded 1335

? Four Triangle Fractals using Bucky Numbers and Synergetics Coordinates
[in /MathSource: Packages and Programs/]
http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/754/

Not in top 150

? Solving Matrix Problems Using Bucky Numbers   [in /MathSource:
Packages and Programs/]
http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/4277/

Not in top 150

Cliff Nelson