Mathematica to MS Word

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46836] Mathematica to MS Word
  • From: Gerry Flanagan <flanagan at materials-sciences.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:57:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Someone asked a question a few days ago about getting a notebook into Word
(I've tossed the original query). The responses I saw were less than
satisfying - things like printing to file and opening the postscript. I
recently had the opportunity to experiment with Mathematica export to html,
and then opening the html in Word. That worked really well on some pretty
complex notebooks. Of course, most of the formatted math is coming in as
gifs. In fact, most of the input cells are also converted to gif. The
beauty of this approach is that the style definitions are maintained. The
MM styles become .css style sheets in html, which become style definition
in word - slick. My compliments on the MM to html converter; the code
generated looks very clean. Try opening a Word export to html to see the
contrast. Now if we just get Mathtype to read xtml....
Gerry F.