Can I make a bulleted list in Mathematica in a method similar to LaTeX or MS Word?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47052] Can I make a bulleted list in Mathematica in a method similar to LaTeX or MS Word?
  • From: "Elmanthira" <elmanthira at msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 05:19:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm trying to make a bulleted list in Mathematica with "nice", or at least
familiar properties to what I might find in LaTeX or Word, i.e., that it
will auto number items.

I'm trying to do something as simple as the definition of a metric space,
and want to stick the four requirements of the distance in as a list of four
items.

What I have been doing thus far is just using script lowercase I's in a set
of parenthesis, and hitting Enter after each item.

For what it's worth, I'm in WinXP using Mathematica 5 and using a version of
the stylesheet ArticleClassic.  I've messed with it so that the summation
and limit symbols look "pretty", as mentioned in a post made here about a
week ago.

I can't really use sections and subsections, as I've run out of levels.  I'm
using everything from Title all the way down to Caption.

I'm also not very sophisticated in my use of Mathematica.  I can follow
explicit instructions, but I'm still in the learning stages of this.

Thanks terribly much.